Our House

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easy Lily Display

This post brought to you by iBulb. All opinions are 100% mine.

I’m beginning to think that Spring may never arrive in Iowa. It was here for a today and then it was gone again.

I’ve decided to take matters into my own hands. I think the easiest way to cheer up a room is to add fresh flowers. I made a trip to a local grocery store and picked up some lilies.

 photo EasyLilyDisplay_zps4126b0f8.jpg

Lilies are such a charming flower. There are many varieties to choose from.  Lilies are easy to find at your local grocery store, garden center or flower shop.

I whipped up this cute little arrangement that I think would make a great gift for Mother’s Day, bridal showers, birthdays, yourself etc. I’m always on the lookout for inexpensive yet meaningful gifts. Lilies for the win!

To make this arrangement, I picked up a planter box and some paint markers.

 photo PaintMarkers_zpse9f77d10.jpg

I picked out a word that I thought would look great on the window box. You could use a monograph, name, special phrase, special date, etc.

 photo EasyLilyDisplayfont_zps534cedd8.jpg

I placed the print on top of a piece of carbon paper and traced the word onto the window box.

 photo EasyLilyDisplayCarbonPaper_zps7336a7ce.jpg

I then used a paint pen to trace and fill in the letters.

 photo EasyLilyDisplaylettering_zps109f9e3f.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised with the paint pens. They were super easy to use. If you can trace, you can use a paint pen. I do recommend practicing on a piece of scrap wood to get used to the amount of pressure needed. You don’t want to push too hard or the paint will run.

 photo UsingPaintPensonWood_zps08bf8f72.jpg

I placed a potted Peace Lily in the center. I then placed cut Stargazer Lilies into a Mason jar on each side. Easy peasy.

 photo EasyLilyDisplaybyDecorandtheDog_zps28fd3c0a.jpg
/>  photo LilyDisplay_zps3753ed78.jpg
  photo EasyLilyDisplay_zps4126b0f8.jpg

There you have it. An easy, inexpensive gift for someone special. Like yourself.

If you were looking for more lily and bulb inspiration ideas, be sure to check out this Pinterest page.

Are you a lily fan? Any other great flower gift ideas? What’s your favorite flower?
Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment