Our House

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Colortopia's Show Your Colors

Today I’m excited to share with you all a new section over at My Colortopia called Show Your Colors

As a refresher, My Colortopia is a site that provides inspiration, tools, and advice (from the Colortopia team) to help you build confidence throughout the painting process (selecting colors, buying the paint, getting it on the walls).

Show Your Colors features before & after photos submitted by MyColortopia readers. Who doesn’t like sharing? This over sharer is all about another spot on the interweb to show off our fun makeovers!

mycolortopia

The site is really easy to use.  Just set up an account, enter some basic info, and upload your photos.

image

process

Easy, peasy. 

I shared our powder room.  The boring sage just wasn’t doing it for me.  I love the color in our kitchen but it just didn’t seem right in our bathroom.  I decided that black and white was the way to go.

Picnik collagepn2

I also shared our guest bedroom.  Again, I wasn’t loving the color.  I actually don’t mind it in our main living area but it wasn’t working in this small room.  Grey paint and some new bedding gave some life to an otherwise bleh room.

guestbedroom

The widget below will give you an idea of how the site works. There are a lot of awesome room makeovers.  Maybe one will even inspire you to bust out that paintbrush!

Be sure to visit My Colortopia's Show Your Colors and upload your room makeovers!

Have you completed any room makeovers lately?  Did you find any inspiration over at Show Your Colors?

***I have partnered with Glidden/Akzo Nobel paints to write this post but the thoughts/opinions expressed are my very own.***

No comments:

Post a Comment